- Channa dhal - 1cup
- Tomato - 2
- Tamarind - smaller than lemon size
- Grated Jaggery - 1 tsp (Optional)
- Cumin seeds - 11/2 tsp
- Oil with ghee - 31/2 Tbsp
- Salt - As required
- Green chilli - 2 (cut lengthwise)
- Red chilli powder - 11/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves(Chopped) -1 Tbsp
- Lemon -1
- Big onion - 3
- Ginger -1 small piece
- garlic - 7 to 8
- cardamom - 3
- cloves - 3
- cinnamon - 1 inch stick
1.Soak channa overnight (almost 10 hrs). After that wash channa and pressure cook for 20 mins.Grind the ingredients under the column "To grind".
2.Soak tomatoes in hot water and then peel the outer layer. Grind and filter the seeds.Take a pan and pour oil and ghee. Add Cumin and green chilli.
3.Then add the ground masala and salt. Fry until oil separates from the masala. Then add tomato juice and fry for a while.
4.Now add tamarind paste,jaggery and red chilli powder.Add the channa along with water (used for boiling). Leave until the gravy thickens
5.Garnish with coriander leaves . Serve with a lemon n enjoy.
- U can also use tomato puree.
- Be careful as not to add much water along with channa.