Avocado sandwich is an effortless and healthier appetizer. It has heart healthy mono-saturated fatty acids and reduces cholesterol. It is rich in anti- oxidants too and hence very popular among health conscious individuals.I read an article from Readers digest stating that avocado is a wise alternative for hummus and mayonnaise. You can add grated carrots or any other veggies along with peas and avocado. And you can use multigrain/whole wheat bread slices. It is so delicious that it got included at least twice in our weekly menu.
1. Bread slices - 6
2. Avocado - 1
3. Peas - 1/2 cup(1 cup = 210 ml)
4. Big onion(chopped) - 1/2
5. Tomato(chopped) - 1/2
6. Green chilli(finely chopped) - 1
6. Salt and pepper - As required
7. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
8. Butter - 1 tbsp
1. Take a pan . Pour 1 tsp of oil. Add chopped onion and green chilli.
2. When the onions turn translucent, add the chopped tomato.When the tomatoes turn mushy, switch off the stove.
3. Meanwhile microwave/cook peas separately.
4. Cut the avocado into two. Then scoop out the content onto a bowl.
5. Add the avocado , peas , salt ,pepper and lemon juice to the pan.
6. Take the bread slices.Then apply the paste to one side.
7. Place another bread slice on to it.
8. Toast them on a pan /oven along with a little butter.