Roasted chickpeas would have been the favourite buddy for most Indians during their childhood days. It is a healthy alternative to the oily, storebought chips of any sort. And it satisfies your salty craving on a rainy day too. I have never thought that this could be made at home by any means until I came across a site last week. I tried my hands on it and it came out perfect in the first attempt.Hope you would like it too.
1. Chick peas - 1 cup
2. Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
3. Red chilli powder - 1- 2 tsp
4. Garam masala - 1 tsp
5. Salt - As required
6. Olive oil - 1-2 tsp
1. Soak chick peas in water for atleast 2 hours.
2. Pressure cook and strain chick peas and press them with a tissue paper to remove water.
3. Then take a pan and pour oil into it . Add the chick peas.
4. And then add all the specified spice powders along with salt.
5. Toss it to give a nice coat to the chickpeas.
6. Preheat oven to 400 F and then line an aluminium pan with parchment paper .
7. Roast the chick peas for 45 min-1 hr.(Checking them and tossing them every 20 minutes.)
8. Allow them to cool in a cooling rack.
9. Store them in an airtight container .