Chopped capsicum tossed in onion, tomato and other lovely Indian flavours to give a spicy side dish that goes well with rice and roti. This is a traditional karnataka recipe which I got from my neighbour when we were at Bangalore. I love this recipe due to its ease of making and I love capsicum in all forms too.
1. Capsicum - 2
2. Big onion - 1
3. Tomato - 2
4. Jeera - 1 tsp
5. Ural dhal - 1 tsp
6. Mustard - 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
8. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
9. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
10. Garam masala - 1 -2 tsp
11. Oil - As required
1.Take a nonstick pan and add 2 tbsp of oil to it.
2. Add mustard.When it sputters, add jeera , ural dhal to it.
3. Then add chopped onion .Fry for a while. When it turns translucent, add the chopped tomato to it.
4. When the tomatoes turn mushy, add the chopped capsicum to it.
5. Cook in medium-low flame for 5 -7 minutes. No need to add water as the capsicum will leave water by itself.
6. Then add all the spice powders and cook for 5 more minutes and switch of the flame.
7. Serve with Roti/ chapthi/rice.