More healthier pancakes for those who are struggling with a sweet tooth and a fitbit .I swear you would love it, if at all you liked my earlier post on fluffy pancakes. The wheat pancakes were silky soft though not much fluffy. I had been wondering as " Is there anything in the whole world that would be more satisfying for a breakfast other than pancakes ????" ( yup !!! I have a sweet craving right in the morning..)
1.Whole wheat flour - 3/4 cup (100 grams)
2.All-purpose flour - 3/4 cup (100 grams)
3.Sugar - 2 tablespoons
4.Ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
5.Baking powder - 1 tablespoon
6.Milk - 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups (295 to 350 ml)
7.Egg - 1 large
8.Unsalted butter( melted ) - 4 tablespoons
9.Vanilla extract - 1 1/2 teaspoons
10.Salt - a pinch
1. Combine all the dry ingredients such as wheat flour,all purpose flour, salt, sugar,cinnamon powder and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients (Egg,vanilla extract,butter and milk) in yet another separate bowl.
3. Now mix the wet ingredients with the dry ones. Leave it for 10 minutes.(Just mix them so that no lumps of flour is formed. Dont beat them much ).
4. Take a dosa pan or a heavy bottomed pan.Drizzle cooking oil over it.
5. When the pan is hot, pour 1/4 th cup of batter and cook in medium flame.
6.When bubbles are formed on top , just flip it only once and cook the other side.
7. Remove from stove and serve with maple syrup/honey/whipped cream with strawberry.