Broccoli bonda is a crunchy and healthy snack to munch on a rainy day. Broccoli is being dipped in chickpea flour along with some other spices and deep fried . And the taste of it was similar to the well known chilli gobi. As you all might know, Broccoli is a vegetable similar to cauliflower in many ways. I hate bajjis/bondas in general. But this one is a complete exception . And this recipe would be a sure hit in your house too.
1. Broccoli - 1 flower
2. Besan/chickpea flour - 1 cup (1 cup= 250 ml)
3. Idli/dosa batter - 2 -3 Tbsp
4. Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
5. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
6.Cornflour - 1 Tbsp
7.All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
8. Salt and Oil - As required.
1. Mix Besan, all purpose flour, dosa batter, cornflour, salt and spice powders together. And make into a fine paste of the same consistency as the batter for bajji / bonda.
2. Separate the broccoli into small florets and wash them thorougly.
3. Take a pan and pour oil into it for deep frying.
4. Dip each floret into the batter and deep fry them.
5. Serve with tomato sauce or any other dip as per your choice.