Kidney beans been cooked and tossed in a rich blend of onion ,tomato along with the spices. Rajma masala is a very healthy and traditional recipe of north India. I had this once in our friends' home and it tasted very well and my kid too liked it so much. Badshah rajwadi masala or MDH garam masala is more preferable for this recipe. And the end product should not be watery too. And the aroma fills the entire house making everyone crave for it.
1. Rajma/Kidney beans - 1 cup (210 ml )
2. Onion - 1
3. Tomato - 2
4. Ginger garlic paste - 1 Tbsp
5. Jeera - 1 tsp
6. Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
7. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
8. Garam masala - 3 tsp
9. Kasoori methi(Optional) - 2 tsp
10 Salt and Oil - As required
1. Soak rajma for atleast 2 hrs. Then pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles.
2. Take a pan and pour oil .Add jeera to it.
3.When it sputters, add onion to it. Add some salt to onions, so that the onions brown uniformly.
4. Then add ginger garlic paste. When its raw smell goes off, add garam masala.
5. Then mix well and add finely chopped tomatoes to it.
6. When the tomatoes turn mushy, add chilli and coriander powders.
7. Add the water from cooked rajma to the pan
8. Cook it covered for atleast 8 minutes.When everything in the pan blends well, add rajma and salt to the pan.
10 .Then add kasoorimethi to it.And cook for another 10
minutes so that all the spicy flavour get into rajma.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapati/roti/poori/rice.