1. Peas - 2 cups
2. Big onion - 1
3.Tomato - 2
4. Ginger - 1 inch
5. Garlic - 5-6
6. Cinnamon - 1 stick
7. Cloves - 2
8. Bay leaves - 1
9. Coriander leaves - 1 sprig
10. Kasoori methi - 1/2 tsp
11. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
12. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
13. Coriander powder - 2 tsp
14. Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
15. Oil - As required.
1. I prefer using the dried peas for this recipe. Soak dried peas for atleast 2 hrs or overnight.
2. Take a pan and pour oil in it. Add chopped onion,ginger and garlic.
3. Add onion and fry for a while. When the onion turns translucent,add the chopped tomatoes.
4. Fry for a while until the tomato turns mushy. Then add all the spice powders and leave for 2 minutes.
5. Allow it to cool and then grind it into a paste. Cook peas with minimum amount of water along with salt in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles .
6.Take a pressure cooker and add oil to it.Then add cinnamon,clove and bay leaves.
7.When it sputters, add the ground paste and leave for 2 minutes until the oil seems to separate.
8. Then add the peas along with the water in it.(If you have much water with peas discard the excess amount).
9.Then add kasoori methi and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
10.Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with