Methi rice is an alternative to the regular variety rice dishes. And it is nutritious too compared to all other recipes. I was browsing for nearly 1 hour to find a perfect methi pulav or rice recipe . And finally got satisfied with this one from a blog called "spice up the curry". And by the aroma it brought to my house , I was very sure that it is going to be awesome. And it is a perfect lunch box recipe including all the spices needed and at the same time healthy too.
1. Methi - 3 cups
2. Cooked Rice - 3 cups
3. Big onion - 1/2
4. Tomato - 1
5. Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
6. Jeera - 1 tsp
7. Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
8. Cloves - 2 to 3
9. Cardamom - 2
10. Bay leaves - 1
11. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
12. Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
13. Cumin powder - 1 tsp
14. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
15.Green chilli - 2
16. Salt and Oil - As per taste.
1. Cook rice separately and keep it aside.
2. Wash and drain methi leaves and chop it finely.
3. Take a pan and pour oil.
4. Add cumin seeds and then cinnamon,cloves,cardamom and bay leaf.
5. Then add ginger garlic paste.
6. Then add finely chopped onion and green chilli.
7. When the onion turns translucent, add finely chopped tomatoes.
8. When the tomatoes are mushy, add all the spice powders.
9. Fry them for 1 or 2 minutes .Then add the methi leaves.
10. Allow them to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Finally add the cooked rice.
12 serve with onion raitha.