Everyone would have dreamt of making samosas at home.If we properly follow certain steps,anyone can make these yummy samosas.And also when we eat it somewhere outside, all our hunger would be over with only one (due to the usage of dalda or vanaspathi which is not good for our health).But when we make it at home, kids can have more n at the same time it is healthy too.
We can make the stuffing of our own choice .It can be simply veg r can be dry fruits.We can even stuff the cooked noodles which would be much yummy.Or u can try with just fried onions and it would resemble the one served at almost all school canteens.For sure it would take u back to ur school days.To make it simple for the beginners I used aloo n peas stuffing.
I wanted to make the samosas like the one served at A2B. Except for the thickness of the outer part, I love it.So I just wanted to make the outer part thin and crispy too.And when I saw the book of mallika badrinath with samosa prep on the very first page,I was overwhelming with joy.I quickly tried it and got appreciation from everyone n the family. Here is the recipe for u..
All purpose flour - 2 1/2 cups
Oil - 4 Tbsp
Salt - 1 / 2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Chilled water - for making dough.
Oil - for deep frying.
For Masala :
Onion - 2
Potatoes - 2
Peas - 1 cup
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Oil - As required
Dough making :
1.Sieve maida , baking powder and salt twice.
2.Knead this into a dough by adding oil and chilled water.
3.Knead this for atleast 10 minutes until the dough becomes soft and smoothy.
4.Make it into four or more balls.Cover it with a wet cloth for half an hour.
Masala Preparation :
1.Boil the potatoes and peas.
2.Chop the onion finely.
3.Take a pan and pour oil. Add cumin seeds and chopped onion.
5.Mix them and then add all the specified powders n salt.
6.Fry for 1 minute and switch off.
Samosa Preparation :
1. After dividing the kneaded dough into small balls, make each ball into very thin chapathis with a rolling stick.
2. Take one chapathi, then apply oil and coat it with little maida .
3. Append the next chapathi over it and then repeat this process until four chapathis are appended layer by layer.
4. Place this four layered chapathis over the tawa and after half a minute,flip it.(Don’t overcook/leave it to blacken).
5. Now take the first layer out. Similarly again leave for ½ min and then flip n remove that particular layer(Until u r left with no chapathi.)
6. Cover them all with a wet cloth again.
Now arrange the chapathis and cut them into ribbon like strips.
7. Make a paste out of maida and water.(and keep it aside).
8.Fold each ribbon into triangular pocket and stuff the masala inside and seal them using maida paste.
9.Deep fry each samosa and serve them with sweet tomato sauce .
Try n enjoy :) .