Paneer kheer is one of the easiest and awesome recipes which I tried in the recent months. This kheer has high milk content so I recommend this one for all the kids. Of course it is irresistable for adults. One more positive point is it can be made quickly without much effort. Being a standard South Indian, I was used to all kinds of payasam .But I'm nowhere in the world of kheers. Once when she shared her rice kheer with me , it really tasted heavenly. And when I tried it on my own, it gave exact wonderful result. And then started making all sorts of kheers with different ingredients and slight changes each time. And yupp !!! this time it is paneer and got amazed by its' rich texture and taste. Here goes the recipe.
1. Paneer - 1/2 cup
2. Milk - 2 cups(1 cup=210 ml)
3. Sugar - 3-4 Tbsp
4. Condensed/evaporated milk - 3 Tbsp
5. Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
6. Nuts(Badam, Pistachio ,Cashew) - 7-8 each
7. Saffron(Optional) - few strands
1. Take a pan and pour milk.Bring it to the rolling boil consistency.
2. Now simmer it to low flame. Soak the nuts in water for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, take a blender and add all the nuts specified above and add little milk.
5. Crumble the paneer with hands / blender and keep it aside.
6.Take 2 tbsps of condensed milk and mix it with little milk and keep it aside.
8. Then add the condensed milk to it. Check for the sweetness and then add the sugar accordingly.
9. Finally add paneer and switch off the flame.
9. Serve it hot/cold.