Sparkling soft and spongy doughnuts coated with lightly powdered sugar could be a great treat on an awesome day. Though it looks heavy, it is so light to fly in the sky...(yup working on rhyming words with my kidoo) . Everyone deserve a break from a routine calorie conscious life and that sweet break could be a doughnut. These balls of cakes are so nice that they melt in the mouth very soon. Going to the recipe....
1. All purpose flour = 3 cups(1 cup= 210 ml)
2. Warm milk = 3/4 cup
3. Egg = 2
4. Dry yeast = 1 pack
5. Butter = 1 Tbsp
6. Vanilla essence = 1/2 tsp
7. Salt = 1/8 tsp
8. oil = To deep fry
1. Take a mixing bowl. Add warm milk to it.
2. Then add sugar,salt and mix it well.
3. Now add the dry yeast and leave it undisturbed for 5 -10 minutes.
4. The added yeast should become frothy which indicates that the yeast is successfully activated.
5. Then add softened butter and stir well so that the butter gets mixed well.
6. Eggs and vanilla essence can be added now.
7. Once the eggs are mixed well, add the all purpose flour gradually.
8. Gently make a dough out of it just like we do for jamun .
9. Cover the dough in a thin plastic cover and keep it refrigerated overnight .
10. The dough would have become doubled in size by now.
11. Now roll the dough in a flat surface with a rolling pin.
12. Dont roll it thin as the width of the dough will be the width of the donuts.
13. Take two circle/round cutters one big and one little.It could even a cup and a bottle lid.
14. Make two impressions as shown in pics.
15. Make more impressoins and remove them and place them in a separate plate.
16. Take a pan and pour oil for deep frying.
17. Meanwhile, take a large vessel and put powdered sugar on to it.
18. Now deep fry the donuts until they are brown and coat them in the powdered sugar.