Peas pulav is one of the rich treats of north India . My hubbi ' s cousin who is a good friend of mine requested for this recipe . A good thing about pulav is that it doesn’t require any spice powder J..Hot summer is not far away to attack us again.. So letz welcome this summer with a pulav (which is never spicy J). If you want to make ghee rice, just avoid adding peas. I love to eat pulav with a kurma .I took a quick snap out of it as my little one was grabbing the raitha nearby :) . Here is the recipe and yummy clicks for u..
Preparation time – 5 mins | Cooking time – 15 mins | Serves – 3 to 4
1. Basmathi rice
3. Big onion
5. Coriander and mint
9. Bay leaves
12. Coconut milk and milk
13. Ghee or butter
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 2 small I inch sticks
- 1 inch
- 6 cloves
- ½ cup
- 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp
1. Soak rice in water for 10 mins.Chop onion n tomato.
2. Take coconut milk and keep aside. Make a paste out of ginger n garlic or use it by just smashing.
3. Take a pan and add butter or ghee along with little oil.
4. Add Cinnamon, cloves , cardamom n bay leaves.
5. When cloves become bigger , add chopped onions.
6. When onion turns translucent , add the ginger garlic paste.
7. When the raw smell goes off, add peas.
8. Along with it,add tomato and fry for a while.
10.Then add milk n coconut milk. Add water as well.(Rice and the water including both milk should be in the ratio of 1:2 ).
11. Put salt according to your taste.Now add rice .
12. When the water boils, cook it covered until the rice is done or leave it off in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles in medium flame.
- · Don’t soak basmathi rice for more than 10 mins, otherwise it would become sticky.
- · Can add water alone instead of milk n coconut milk .