A real banana cake should have the following qualities as it should be moist, soft , ofcourse full of banana flavour and should have nuts to enrich the taste. Both banana and carrot cakes are similar in many ways such as colour,taste and texture except for the flavours. Both would be awesome with whipped cream. I normally run away from all sorts of chocolate cakes and brownies and I have never ever touched them too. But the only brown cakes that satisfy my taste buds are these guardian angels "banana and carrot cakes"..Love u dears.. :)
Had been partially working on banana cakes for more than 2 years . Tried half a dozen of recipes but everytime something was mixing. One turned out dry and the other turned out without colour. Finally found this recipe from inspired taste and hats off to them as this turned out awesome and it satisfied all the qualities I specified earlier. I strongly recommend you to add brown sugar because it is the secret ingredient in this recipe. Ofcourse you can add regular sugar but forget about the color . And the bananas should be very ripe too. I got the appreciation that "this is the best cake I ever made". This is really a treat in brown dress. Enjoy!!!
1.All-purpose flour = 1 1/2 cups (195 grams)
2.Baking soda = 1 teaspoon
3.Kosher salt = 1/2 teaspoon
4.Ground cinnamon = 3/4 teaspoon
5.Medium bananas = 3
6.Unsalted butter = 8 tablespoons
7. Light brown sugar = 3/4 cup (150 grams)
8.Eggs = 2 large
9.Vanilla extract = 1 teaspoon
10.Walnuts / pecans/almond = 1/2 cup (50 grams) (toasted and chopped)
1. Pre heat the oven at 375F / 180C for 10 minutes.
2. Take all the dry ingredients (all purpose flour,baking soda,salt,cinnamon powder) in a separate bowl.
3. Whisk softened butter and brown sugar separately in a bowl.
4. Add in the eggs and beat for 3 minutes. Then add the vanilla extract.
5. Now add the dry ingredient mixture into this butter+sugar+egg bowl in three folds.
6. Now whisk it for 3 more minutes.
7. Mash tha bananas separately in a bowl and add it to the whisked mixture.
8.No need to whisk now. Just mix them with a spatula. Then add nuts as well.
9. Now pour this into the loaf pan and bake for 60-75 minutes.
10. Once the cake is baked, your house would be filled with a nice aroma and that is the exact time to take out the cake.
11. Leave it to cool for 10 mins. If a knife inserted at the centre comes out clean, that indicates the cake is perfectly ready to eat.
12. Enjoy with an evening tea !!