Freshly grated beetroot tossed and ground along with all other south indian spices . This chutney recipe gives a very special and wonderful taste as it blends all the tastes.I got this recipe from my mother in law. It goes well with rice , roti and idli/dosa as well. Let us jump into the recipe .
1. Beetroot(grated) - 1/2 cup(1 cup = 250 ml)
2. Big Onion - 1/2
3. Red chilli - 3 or 4
4. Garlic - 2 cloves
5.Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
6.Tamarind - a little
7. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
8. Ural dhal - 1 tsp
9. Chana dhal - 1 tsp
10.Salt and oil - As required
1. Take a pan and pour oil.
2. Add red chilli, ural dhal , chana dhal ,tamarind and curry leaves.
3. When all of them change color, add onion and garlic.
4. Fry them for a while until the onion turns translucent .
5. Then finally add the shredded beetroot. Fry them until the raw smell goes off.
6. Then switch off the stove and allow to cool .
7. Grind them in a blender . Tempering is optional.
8. Serve with idli/dosa/roti or even rice.