I read in a book that "Idli along with sambar" is the best ever healthiest food on this planet. As Idli has carbo and sambar
( with any dhal) along with veggies is loaded with protein and all the other nutrients required for a human being. When we stop and look at our ancient food habits, rice has emerged only in the recent 4 decades. And to no surprise, millets were the dominating ones in history and they gave extra ordinary strength and capability to our senior citizens. Today let us go back to that era and make a healthy millet meal.
1. Jowar - 2 cups(1 cup = 250 ml)
2. Idli rice - 1 cup
3. Whole Ural - 3/4 th cup
4.Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
1. Wash and soak all the ingredients together for 3 hours.
2. Grind them together in a grinder/blender with enough water.
3. Leave it for atleast 12 hrs to rest. You can see the batter doubles at a certain period.
4. Make idlis at this stage and store in refrigerator for further use. Serve with mint chutney/sambar.