Saturday, January 18, 2014

Butterscotch banana cake

Hi friends,

This is one of my favorite cakes ever. The mixing up of banana and butterscotch gives it a rich taste.My mom and my hubbi are real cake lovers. I used to make birthday cakes for them. And they are my judges for all the cakes I make. And both of them accepted this as a masterpiece(eighth wonder for me).

DSCN0630


Once I tasted banana cake at gloria Jean and was wondering as how to make it at home ?.But after having a lot of search I found this recipe which is worth doing. Here is the mouth watering recipe for u :)...


Ingredients:
  • All purpose flour – 1 cup
  • Wheat flour – 1 cup
  • Butterscotch sauce - 2 TBsp (or as per your taste)
  • Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
  • Baking powder – 1tsp
  • Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
  • Salt – 1/4 tsp
  • Eggs – 2
  • Butter – 2 sticks (8 OZ) (at room temperature)
  • Yogurt – 1/4 cup
  • Oil – 1/4 cup
  • Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
  • Ripe bananas – 2
  • Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
Method :
  1. Preheat the oven at 220 C and then butter up the cake tray(I used a square one,its ur choice) .
  2. Sieve all purpose flour and wheat flour along with salt, bak pwdr n soda and keep it aside.
  3. Whisk butter in a bowl(I used an electric mixer) until it becomes creamy and then add powdered sugar.
  4. Add eggs and the vanilla extract into it.Meanwhile mash the bananas and chop the walnuts.
  5. Add specified amount of oil.Add the flour mixture and the yogurt gradually.
  6. whisk it until it blends well.
  7. Finally fold the mixture with bananas and walnuts.
  8. Pour into the cake tray and bake at 220 c for 30-35 mins in convection mode.
Butterscotch banana cake



Note :
  • U can use cocoa(1/2 cup) or melted chocolates instead of butterscotch sauce(if u r a choco lover).
  • U can also use almonds. I had no patience to make frosting since I was busy with eating n distributing it 2 my family(although i was left with only one piece :( )

No comments: