Roasted Bengal gram along with nuts and raisins tossed in ghee makes a very nice snack for a never ending sweet craving. Its been a great surprise to me that I never tried my hands on these ladoos before. It is so easy and overwhelmingly good and most of all healthy.
Bengal gram ladoo is one of those sweets which I have grown up with. One or the other aunts would never forget making these ladoos while visiting us. And this is a never fail recipe.
1. Raw rice - 1 cup(1 cup= 210 ml)
2. Bengal gram /Pottu kadalai- 1 cup
3. Sugar - 1/2 or 3/4 cup
4. Cashew, Almond & Raisin - 1/2 cup
5. Ghee - For frying
6. Milk - 1/2 cup
1. Soak raw rice for 20-30 mins.
2. Drain the rice completely and then dry by spreading on a paper towel.
3. Now grind it in a mixer/blender and sieve it.
4. Grind bengal gram into a fine powder.
5. Make sugar into a fine powder too by grinding in a blender.
6. Take 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry nuts and raisins and keep it separately.
7. In the same pan, with a little more ghee, roast bengal gram powder and raw rice powder separately.
8. Mix roasted bengal gram powder, rawrice powder and sugar along with nuts.
9. Add 2 tbsp of warm milk to the mixture and make into small balls.
- Keep the ladoos in an airtight container and it stays good for a week in refrigerator.
- You can add grated coconut as well .